Thursday, November 13, 2008

7 Random things

I've been tagged by my friend JJ to come up with 7 random things about myself that you probably don't know.  Let's see how well I do.

1) My favorite word is "LOVELY."  I don't have a great explanation other than I just love it.  I save it for very special uses.  For example, hydrangeas (which are my favorite flowers) are always LOVELY to me. :)

2) I am terrified of scary movies.  I'm talking terrified to the point of tears.  I can't watch commercials that advertise upcoming movies on TV if they even look like they may be scary.  When I was in high school, I went to see Scream with my high school youth group.  After the killer asked Drew Barymore's character what her name was because he wanted to know who he was looking at, I buried my head in my youth minister's coat and didn't watch another second of the movie.  FYI: that scene was the very first scene in the entire movie!

3) One of my secret vices is sugary cereal.  I *heart* Lucky Charms, Coco Puffs, Cookie Crisp, and Honey Smacks.  Hey, they have to be better for me than donuts!

4) I am a clean freak locked inside the mother of two.  If I didn't have two children making constant messes, my house would be spotless.  I hate clutter, but am surrounded by it.  My desk downstairs is 100% horrifying because: a) I never have time to clean it, b) it's where everyone else (i.e. Scott) puts junk mail and our recycling magazines and newspapers, c) when I do have time to clean it, I'm way too tired and don't want to :)

5) I have always wanted a "pixie" haircut.  I am sure it would look absolutely horrible on me, and I am sure Scott would have a heart attack the moment I walked in the door...but, I'd still love to try one out.  Maybe I should buy a wig and tuck my hair up in it to see what it would look like!

6) I simply MUST get ready each morning.  I am not one of those people who can lounge around in their pjs all day and feel comfortable.  I must have a shower, dry my hair, and put on chapstick for any day to be successful.  I will (and do!) get up at 5:30 each morning just so that I have time to get ready before my kiddos wake up.  Yes, that sometimes includes Saturdays.  Scoff me if you must, but you wouldn't want my company otherwise!

7) I really don't enjoy being petite.  It's hard to shop for clothes and shoes; people think I'm much younger than I am...and treat me like it.  Most people think that being petite is "cute" - but cute gets old.

So here are the rules:
*Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
*Tell seven random facts about yourself on your blog
* Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
*Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Ok - tag, you're it:



4 comments:

JJ said...

yeah! you did it:) so i guess you and i won't be going to see any scary movies together anytime soon:) thanks for sharing your 7 random facts! i envy you for number 4 and 6-i wish i was more like that....

Megan said...

i'm TOTALLY with you on #2 and #6, i am exactly the same way on both. i wish i was with you on #4. ;) now i'll have to think of some new stuff! thanks for letting me play! :)

Megan said...

just felt like i needed to come back and say i'm SO not with you on the 5:30 am part, just the having to get ready first thing in the morning, and before my kids get up. ;)

Ashley Jansen said...

What is a pixie haircut?
Amber responds: A pixie cut is a really short (kinda like a boy - but cute for a girl) style. Like Allison's.