I simply can't believe that Landon is 4 months old already. Where has time gone? I am trying so hard to enjoy every day with him because he's growing and changing so fast. I will admit that it really is different with the second baby; I am much more relaxed, less stressed, I know there's an end to sleepless nights, I also take pleasure in his smiles, coos, laughs, and even his breast-fed dirty diapers! Hey, those diapers are a treat compared to what's to come!!! (You know it's true!)
He is an absolutely wonderful baby. He's usually not fussy at all (now that he's finally on a strong dosage of Prevacid for his GERD); he generally only cries if he's tired or has a dirty diaper. He will cry if he's hungry if I'm around (I guess he can smell me - ha!), but if he's with someone else he is usually OK going for longer stretches without eating. He refuses to take a bottle (here we go again), so I guess he's just being stubborn and waiting until Mommy can feed him. I'm still pumping a few bottles a week just in case of an emergency. Ella Beth would usually take a bottle from Kathy (Scott's mom) once a week while we were at our small group Bible study. Landon, however, is turning out to be a bit more stubborn. Good thing I can take him with me to NP and nurse him during work when I need to. (Again, beyond thankful that I'm going to be working for such an amazing organization!)
I completely hope I'm not jinxing myself here, but the 4th month mark has proven pretty big here in our household. Ella Beth has started LOVING her little brother! She is already trying to get him to play with her; she brings him toys, tells him how things work, talks to him in the car, sings to him, tries to teach him how to throw/talk/eat (I've gotta be on the look out with this one!). She has also settled into the routine of Landon. She knows that if he's hungry, Mommy has to feed him; if he needs a diaper change, Mommy has to change him, and she's usually OK with all of it. And, with Ella Beth settling down, Mommy has settled down, too. I feel that I'm not losing my patience nearly as often...I may even say rarely. I feel that I am really enjoying both of my children more. It is so neat to get a glimpse of what the relationship between Ella Beth and Landon will be like. Landon L-O-V-E-S Ella Beth, too. He smiles at her all of the time, and he watches everything she does. It is so precious!!!
Well, here are a couple of pictures I took of my little man last Friday on his official 4th month "birthday." Aren't his eyes just AMAZING???!!! He gets those straight from Daddy!
(13 pounds - 25%; 25 inches - 50%) Healthy as can be!
1 comment:
He is just so cute! The girls will love the eyes!
Post a Comment