Monday, April 7, 2014

The New House - part 1 & 2

I decided when we started building our new house to take weekly pictures. We go over on Sunday afternoons to let the kiddos run around and explore while we (mostly meaning "me") get excited over the progress. Scott won't let me go during the week since he's in this house building business and says that I can't embarrass him by popping in all the time and driving everyone crazy. Like I'd ever be that lady who stops in and asks what's happening today, as opposed to yesterday. Ahem. It's a little difficult to restrain myself at times, but keeping the hubby happy (and not embarrassed about going to work) is more important. ;)

Pictures from week 1:

DSC_0010 DSC_0009 DSC_0008 DSC_0007

I came up with the idea to take pictures at the front porch each Sunday to see progress. And, with my photographer's outlook and semi-romantic mind, I can't wait to eventually have our picture taken on the front porch when the house is finished!! Scott wasn't as impressed with my wonderful idea as I was, but come on - won't it be a great way to see progress and the completion?!? :)

So here we are standing in front of what will be our new front porch.

DSC_0011

Week 2:

It's hard to get a feel for how big or small a house will be from poured basement walls. Just looking at it, to me it doesn't seem big, just normal. But when I see the kiddos standing in it, it looks so much bigger. It will be fun to watch the process as it comes into its true shape and size!

DSC_0019 DSC_0020

Peanut is standing where the garage will eventually be - with his silly smile and holding his hood down on a very windy Sunday.

DSC_0027 DSC_0029

And, us on the spot where our front porch will be. Ahhh, I just love it!! Even when not everyone's eyes are open or even facing the camera. ;)

DSC_0025

No comments: