the Mama doesn't sleep.
After two nights of Porter being up at three different times and his fever going up to 101.3 yesterday, I took Porter to the doctor at 5:30 yesterday evening. He has an ear infection in his left ear, croup, and "probably has RSV" (though the doctor said there's no specific test to diagnosis it.) Thankfully, his blood oxygen level was stable so we didn't have to trek it down to Scottish Rite. Thankful.
We finally got out of the doctor's office close to 7 and then had to wait for the pharmacy to fill his prescriptions. It was almost 9 before we got home.
Porter nursed and went straight to sleep. And then the other two kiddos went down close to 10. It took them all of 28 seconds to fall asleep.
Scott and I went straight to sleep as well.
Until 11:39 when Porter woke up. I went ahead and nursed him again because he hasn't been eating well the last couple of days...and goodness knows he doesn't need to lose any weight! He nursed and fell asleep. Then I tried laying him down. OhMyWord. You would have thought I was putting him in an ice bath the way he screamed. So I picked him up, tried nursing him again but he wasn't interested. Nope, he was just wide awake.
Until 2:49.
That's three full hours of being up with the baby boy. I finally fought with him a little by patting his back and tucking a blanket around him so that he couldn't wiggle all over his crib.
He slept until 5:49. (He's nothing if not consistent with the "9s.") He nursed and went back down.
Until 7:59. Up for the day. Coughing, sneezing, runny nose, still has a fever, eyes are weak. I feel bad for him because this is first battle with being sick, but I am so exhausted.
Scott had my coffee ready and waiting for me this morning. Love him dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment