Saturday, August 22, 2009

Heaven help me!

I knew to expect sibling rivalry. I knew to expect it.

What I didn't know, was how annoying it was going to be. Geesh!

Yesterday, I was beyond exhausted; beyond feeling as if I had even a single moment of being a good mom. I can still hear myself chanting over, and over, and over...

"Don't push your brother."

"Don't pull her hair."

"No pinching."

"Don't yell at him."

"Don't hit your sister."

"No jumping off the bed."

"No pulling  your brother off the bed."

"Do not take things from him."

"Share."

OH MY WORD! I am sure the day started off with me using my manners and injecting a "please" in there. However, an hour into my day...and all manners were spent. Heaven help me if this is how my life is going to be. 

You see, I'm an only child. I understand nothing of sibling rivalry. I can specifically remember being at friends' houses and being completely shocked by how my friends fought with their brothers and sisters. Now, I am watching those horror scenes in my own house. AND MY KIDS ARE ONLY 3 AND 1.5!!!!!!!!

Seriously? Someone tell me there is a cure, and that you know what it is! Will this last forever?

===

I know no post is complete without pictures. No, I don't have shots of my kids fighting; I am trying not to document this stage so that later I can pretend it never happened.

Believe me, BOTH of my kiddos are naughtier than they appear!

 Ella Beth swinging with Scott on my birthday swing.

DSC_0051 

DSC_0055

Landon in his cute john johns by Lindsey with Sugar Britches Kids. (The same girl who made Ella Beth's b-day dress.)

DSC_0018

DSC_0046 

Landon is getting to be such a big boy. (You know, big enough to fight with his sister.) I still want to snuggle with him like I did when he was 5 weeks old. He will always be my baby.



3 comments:

Angie said...

It only makes them love each other more! My brother and I can still fight sometimes, but we would do anything for each other!

Ashley said...

I don't know how it is with siblings that are close in age since I'm 6 years older than my sister, but we fought with the best of them, but enjoyed each other as well. They'll learn to keep out of each other's hair...when they want to.
But I know we'll have the same shock one of these days...especially since I'm married to an only child. He has no clue!!

jj said...

oh man...my brother and i are 22 months apart and we had some serious knock-down, drag-outs back in the day. but he is one of my closest friends now and i love him dearly. don't worry...underneath all that bickering will be two siblings who love each other so,so much. :)