Yes, I know that I haven't been updating like I should...but I have had SO much to catch up on that I haven't had time.
But, I'll give a very quick update:
Ella Beth went in last Thursday for blood work. A neonatal lab specialist was requested to "stick" her, and she was successful on the FIRST try!!! Yippie! She even got Ella Beth to talk to her while the blood was flowing (very slowly) out. She asked her how old she was, and Ella Beth said, "I'm two and a half." Then, she asked her when her birthday was. Well, Ella Beth really perked up, forgot about the needle in her arm and said, "My birthday is August 7th, 2006!" We all just cracked up that she actually said the 2006 part! It made her blood flow a little faster, too. :)
OK...So some of her tests have come back. She was NEGATIVE for Hepatitis A. :) Her liver readings were back within the "normal" range. :) And the test for Celiac Disease has come back NEGATIVE! :) Huge blessings there! (Of course, we've been told that there are often false negatives with Celiac...but not worrying about that. )
She goes to the GI specialist on Thursday for a physical and complete work up. Can't wait to see what they have her do during her physical. They just need to play some toddler tunes, and she'll just dance and sing her way around the office for exercise!
OK...gonna get back to work (Hi, Russell!). But, since our pediatrician just called with the results, I really wanted to get this posted. Thank you all who have called to check in on Ella Beth and Landon. So glad I finally have updates to share!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about ya'll and wondering how everything was going. So are they still having symptoms? Keep us posted! Hope ya'll are having a great week. :)
Post a Comment