Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. I don't have an excuse other than life's been busy, but that's always the case!
Let's see...where to start? First, how about some news that most people don't know about. I've been putting off posting anything about this, but I realized that it was prideful of me to do so. I've been so consumed with "not wanting to announce disappointment...again" that I've purposefully not shared. Well, no more pride - our house is under contract to sell. It's been a messy situation, but we should still be moving sometime in the near future. See if you can follow me here: the couple buying our house is from New Mexico. They have been living with their daughter and her family for the last three months. They love our house and put a contract on it a month ago; we were supposed to close on Halloween. Well, their house out in NM has been holding things up. The man buying their house is using inheritance money, and apparently with inheritance moo-lah there is a L-O-T of red tape. That being said, the contract on our house has been extended until Nov. 24. We have a contract on a house in a subdivision that is very nice, and we're hoping to call that home soon. I can barely contain my excitement at decorating a new house. :)
So, last week Ella Beth, Landon, and I went to the outlet mall to purchase a birthday gift. We were on our way back to the car when it started to rain. I was carrying Landon, carrying bags of clothes (and the gift that we really went for), and holding Ella Beth's hand. I was trying to hurry Ella Beth along when I heard her start making this "uh, uh, uh" noise. Figuring that she was just trying to keep up, I kept up my pace. All of a sudden there was a man walking towards us who just busted out laughing. I smiled at him and gave him a little "what's so funny look." He was so tickled he couldn't get any words out, so he just pointed. I realized that he was pointing at Ella Beth. When I looked down at her, I found that the reason she was "uh, uh, uh-ing" was because she was having hard time keeping up...due to the fact that HER PANTS WERE DOWN AROUND HER ANKLES!!! It was absolutely hilarious, and I just kissed Ella Beth all over for being such a good sport! Here is an unplanned reenactment while she was dancing in the playroom. (These jeans are size 12-18 months!)
We have been to a few birthday parties this last month. Ella Beth loved her birthday party (back in August); apparently, she loved her birthday so much she thinks she should have another. Lately, when people have asked her how old she is she says, "I'm two, and my birthday is on Tuesday." She cracks me up. She thinks she knows everything! She has been learning a lot at pre-school. She can't eat anything on her plate without counting it first. We have "circle time" a lot around the house. She sings constantly. She talks more than ever - which I really didn't think was possible! She is just so smart that it amazes me. If we teach her something once, she remembers it forever. The girl doesn't forget anything. The other day she laid down for a nap right after going to the potty. When she woke up from her nap the first words out of her mouth were, "I need to get an M&M, remember?! I tee-teed on the potty!" 3 hours later, and she made sure I hadn't forgotten!
Photography has been picking up quite a bit lately. I have really enjoyed meeting new families and capturing some precious (and fun!) pictures. I've been contemplating the purchase of a new lens, but it's very expensive. I'll just have to wait and see. Landon turns 8 months old tomorrow, so I will have some of my own sweet pictures to share. We are still working very hard on getting pictures of Ella Beth and Landon together. Man! I had no idea how hard it would be. Either we can't get Landon's attention, or Ella Beth can't keep her hands off of him long enough for him not to be pestered. One of these days I know I'll get one. Hopefully for Christmas cards at least!
How's your last month been?
2 comments:
I'm so relieved to hear about the house! Let's plan a date for you to drive me by!
congrats on the new house! how exciting! can't wait to see the pics that i'm sure will be coming soon. :) still laughing at Ella Beth's pants! our October has been BUSY with lots of company - fun and exhausting! now we are looking forward to Halloween around here!
Post a Comment